Employer: World in the Park Ltd
Employment Period: Various
Location: Realworld Studios, Box, Nr Bath
Job Title: Artist Administrator
Salary: freelance fee – to be agreed
To support the WOMAD Team with administrative duties on the lead up to WOMAD Charlton Park covering all artists appearing at the festival on the music stages, world of words, physics and workshops.
DESIGNATION OF POST AND POSITION WITHIN DEPARTMENTAL STRUCTURE
Artist Administrator reporting to Artist Programmer.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. General Administration
Supporting the WOMAD Artist Team with general administrative duties such as printing, data entry, outbound calls and fielding inbound calls in relation to artist enquiries.
2. Artist information
Administrate and update the artist information sheets for Charlton Park. Be daily point of contact for artists participating in the festival ensuring that any relevant information is forwarded to the team. Ensure artists have all the information required to appear at the festival (welcome letter, maps) this to cover all stages including workshops, World of Words and Physics if required
3. Artist Administration
Compose and assist in the issuing of all artist contracts for the festival, ensure they are returned along with invoices. Assist with artists obtaining visas (invitation letters, trying to contact Embassies for assistance etc) and FEU tax applications.
4. Festival Accreditation
Collating and inputting data into the passes system for the artists (including world of words if requested), and supporting the management of accreditation lists with the Passes Team when required. Email/send artist guest passes to relevant representative.
5. Artists Management
Supporting the artists’ management team in all aspects of the event in the run up to the festival and assist in the employment and contracting of some of the artist team to work at the festival in agreement with Artist Programmer and Artist Logistics Co ordinator.
Specific working requirements:
• Working hours must be flexible within the office opening hours of 8.00am to 7.00pm, but some flexibility is required. This role will require constant work both remotely and at the WOMAD office in Box which will be full time office based for June or July unless agreed in advance. During the lead up and over the festival week the working day will require long hours.
• 3 days a week in April and May
• Full time for June and July
• To work 2 days a week in August until 16 August, the majority of this can be done remotely, answering general queries that often arise after a festival.
• Some unsocial work hours required and availability to travel and work at the WOMAD Festival, Charlton Park and staying on site from 24 July – 1 August.
• Full driving licence required and ability to get to WOMAD Office in Box and Charlton Park. • Computer literate – using word, excel and google drive.
• Language skills a benefit but not essential.
Closing date: 12pm, 20 December 2021
Please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org