Be part of the WOMAD team!
Come and join the team of dedicated stewards in the Customer Care and Information tent for 2018
Help make the WOMAD experience even better by providing advice, information and support, and reuniting people with their lost property!
If you like to go the extra mile for people, are polite, courteous and have a happy smile – apply to join the team today.
- Provide advice and information for festivalgoers – bus times, line up information, directions etc.
- Operate the property lock-up system responsibly.
- Deal with complaints and issues raised by the public, escalating to the customer care manager where appropriate.
- Log and manage all items of lost and found property.
- Support the customer care manager in any other roles as requested.
The operation runs 24 hours a day and you should be committed to undertaking either:
3 x 8 hour shifts or 2 x 8 hour shifts (one overnight) from Thursday 26th July – Sunday 29th July.
One shift is required for the Monday morning (30st August) until midday.
Please indicate on your application form your preference for the overnight or daytime shift patterns (not guaranteed) and if you are available on the Monday.
You must also be:
- Able to attend the customer care briefing session on Wednesday 25th July at approx. 7pm.
- Polite, courteous and happy to help
- Proactive in dealing with problems and finding out the answers
- Confident in managing logging systems for lost and found property and property lock-ups.
How do I apply?
- Check the FAQ document to make sure you are happy with the requirements of the job and the terms and conditions.
- Please complete all sections of the online application form including an email address for a referee.
- Pay your security deposit by sending a post-dated cheque to the WOMAD office.
- Your application will be processed by the customer care manager and you will be informed at least 6 weeks before the event whether you have been successful.
What is included?
- Access to the wonderful WOMAD festival when you are not on shift!
- Dedicated camping in the steward’s crew camping area – separate from main public camping if you would like.
- Access to shower and rest facilities in the campsite.
- 1 catered meal per shift.
Please fill in your Application form here